Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Celebrate that birthday

A few weekends ago I had the privilege of traveling with my mom to Orlando to celebrate my aunt's birthday.

My aunt doesn't get to do a whole lot of celebrating for her birthday usually, so we made sure to give her a wild time.

As wild as we can get . . . which I know by most standards isn't very wild at all.

We did a lot of eating and shopping and eating some more.

When we got there on Friday we did a little shopping in a TJ Maxx.

Don't you always head there first when you are in a new city?

No?

Well, you should.

Many treasures to be found.

After that exciting time we headed to the hotel to check in and get freshened up for dinner.

We had reservations at Opa - Greek Taverna.

It was a really fun place with napkin throwing and belly dancers.


This is my mom and one of her sisters (not the birthday girl).


My mom and I (obvi).


This was Stellios, our waiter.
He was divine.
Great service and lots of fun.


This is the birthday girl and her daughter, also known as my cousin (in case you didn't put that together).

On Saturday we got up and went shopping (shocker).

We hit the outlets pretty hard and then headed to Epcot for the Food and Wine festival.

It was my third time at the F&WF this year.

It was just as magnificent each time.

We ate and ate and ate.




And then got 2 rides in within 30 minutes of the park closing.

My mom even went on Test Track.



I told her it wasn't rough . . . which it really isn't . . . sort of.

Then we headed to Denny's for some more grub and stayed there until 3 in the morning.

I told you we were wild.

Sunday brought breakfast at Cracker Barrel and a ride home.

I did attend this birthday celebration sans kids.

And while I did have a dream of getting sleep while there (which didn't happen . . .hello, 3 in the morning at Denny's), it did not disappoint in the fun department.

Had a blast with these ladies and hope we can do it again soon!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment